Data Handling Statement
LABform – Data Handling Statement
LAB Group provides online customer account opening and management and electronic identity verification services to businesses to assist them to onboard their customers. This Data Handling Statement (Statement) applies to individuals that apply for an account with LAB’s clients.
If you apply for an account with any of our clients, we will collect and verify information about you from you or EVP providers and we will share it with the client/s with whom you apply for an account. We will not directly communicate with you unless you reach out to us.
How we collect your information
We will usually collect information directly from you via our account opening software, LABform. Sometimes our client will provide us with the information they hold about you, or we will need to source personal information about you from a third party such as a credit reporting agency or government agency. If you have already opened an account with one of our clients, we may already hold information about you and have identified you. If so, we will provide information and identification we already hold to the client as a part of our services to them (and you may be able to reuse your existing LAB identifier).
If you choose not to provide information as requested, we may not be able to service your needs. For example, if you do not provide your name to us, we will not be able to allow you to open an account as we cannot verify your identity or process your account application.
What personal information we collect
We collect personal information about you that we need in order to provide account opening, management and identity verification services to our client.
This may include, but is not limited to your name, date of birth, contact details, tax file number, Medicare number or other government identifier, financial information, employment, credit history, transaction history and any other information that clients ask us to collect (or which they or we are required by law to collect).
We will not usually collect sensitive information about you, unless our clients ask us to or we are required to do so by law.
How we use your personal information
We use the personal information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- provide our services to our clients;
- verify and authenticate your identity;
- verify the accuracy of some information you have provided, e.g. your tax file number or Medicare number; and
- pass your information and identity verification on to the client on whose behalf we have collected it and to any other client with whom you wish to open an account, so they can consider your application;
- to perform administrative and operational functions;
- to comply with any legal requirements, including any purpose authorised or required by an Australian law, court or tribunal; and
- for any other purpose for which you give your consent.
To whom we disclose your personal information
We will disclose your personal information and identity verification to our clients with whom you apply to open an account.
We may also provide some of your personal information to:
- our affiliates and related companies. We will require anyone to whom we provide your personal information to manage it substantially in accordance with this Statement;
- our professional advisers, dealers and agents; and
- third parties if we are required to do so by law or under some circumstances which are permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
We may choose to de-identify and aggregate information we hold about you and other individuals by removing information that could identify you for internal purposes. This might include obtaining insights about our business and identifying opportunities for improvement in our services.
Security of your personal information
Updating your personal information
If you wish to access, correct or update your personal information, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complaints about breaches of privacy
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle your personal information, you may complain to us at: email@example.com. We will investigate your complaint and write to you to explain our decision as soon as practicable.
If you are not satisfied with our decision, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by phone on 1300 363 992 or online at www.oaic.gov.au.
We may, from time to time, amend this Statement. Any changes to this Statement will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Statement on our website.
© 2021 – LAB Group Services Pty Ltd